A long history
From the start up in the 1940’s when Henry Freeston first formed the Company, the business has been run continuously by a member of the Freeston Family and is now in its fourth generation. We are the longest established family owned water treatment company, which we are justifiably proud of.
Originally run from a private home in Wilton Road, and later based in Waterloo Road, Southampton, the business expanded and needed larger premises, so in 1983 moved to the West Quay Road Industrial Estate, where 10,000 sq. ft. provided sufficient space for manufacture and storage, and offices. Today the business is run from the Head Office based on the Calmore Industrial Estate, just outside of Southampton.
Originally the Company focused on treating steam boilers, but over the decades the changes have been dramatic, and now the activities are many and varied.
With a current staff of thirty, we continue to enjoy expanding into water treatment projects to meet the ever changing need for the myriad of customers, many of whom have remained loyal to us for decades.